Nearby: the river Dordogne is 10km away and allows the practice of water sports: canoeing, kayaking etc….
The Lot, we are under the spell…
If there is one area in which the department is rich, it is the density of the great sites, the exceptional places which have made the reputation of the department.
- Rocamadour, of course, majestic, imposing, grandiose.
- Saint-Cirq-Lapopie, nestled above the Lot valley.
- The Padirac chasm, incomparable, emblem of the tormented geology of the Quercy region.
- The Pech Merle cave, a showcase for cave art.
- The Célé valley, secret and charming.
- Cahors and Figeac, the medieval cities.
Alongside these famous sites, intimate landscapes and small villages of character, pigeon lofts and cazelles make up a rich and genuine heritage, without artifice, nourished by a thousand-year-old history.
Don’t forget the local products: foie gras, Rocamadour, Noix du Périgord, truffles, Quercy saffron, chestnuts, etc., and the vineyards: Cahors wine, the Coteaux du Quercy and the wine of the Lot region to taste and discover.